Friday, October 29, 2010

i am domesticated


i have realized the more i am home
the more i want to
buy.
decorate.
clean.
organize.
reorganize.
redecorate.
repaint.
....
i have a list of MANY things i want to do
and i FINALLY got to cross one off
thanks to this lovely lady
 
(i stole this pic from her blog)

Beavs
aka
Becky

becky is pretty crafty
so i asked her to teach me how to make some pillows
for my couch.
she helped me with a couple
and then i went home and opened up my sewing machine
that my mom gave me for by birthday.
it took me awhile to thread the machine...
i had to watch the dvd that came with it!
and now i am finally finished..
i made seven total and
i love how they turned out!


also i have to keep bragging for a minute
because i got the deal of the century!
don't be jealous.
i have been searching for a new rug for my front room
but i didn't want to spend $200.
i was at target awhile ago and i found one on sale that i liked
and it was $80 -
so i decided to buy it.
i got up to the check out and the guy rang me up
and the rug was
$35!!
i couldn't believe my luck...
i asked him if he was sure and he just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders and said,
"that is what it rang up for, so take it!"
yay!



1 comment:

bevans said...

Your pillows turned out way cute, the picture of me on the other hand...your in trouble, it couldn't be cuter!